The Australian Volleyball Federation has recently announced Chairman of TACDC Chris Schacht is a candidate for the Presidency of the Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB). The other two candidates are Ary Graca Filho from Brazil and Doug Beal from USA. The elections will take place on 21st September in Anaheim, California, USA.
The candidacy highlights a dedication to Volleyball by Chris Schacht whom over the years has developed a real insight into sports administration at the club, State, National and International levels.
- President of the Australian Volleyball Federation since 1997
- The first Australian voted on to the Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) Board of Administration
- 1996-97 Board member Australia Volleyball Federation
- Executive Member of the AVC Board of Administration, and President of Oceania Volleyball
- As a Senator was a regular at Senate Estimates Committees investigating government funding and administration of sport in Australia
- Member of the FIVB Legal Commission, an Executive Board Member of the Australian Volleyball Confederation (AVC) and President of the Oceania Volleyball Zone of the AVC and has also represented Australia at the 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008 and 2010 FIVB World Congress
- Member of the China Cluster Executive working with the SA Department of Economic Trade and Development (DTED) in the capacity as Chair of the Sports Industry Group
Volleyball is one of the top 3 sports in China and Chris has made numerous visits to China representing Volleyball. TACDC wishes Chris Schacht goodluck securing enough votes from the 220 national federations entitled to vote.
Courtesy of the Australia China Development Company